Saturday, August 8, 2009

XAYMACA -Roots Raggae Restaurant Bar




I found this place just before I left for Tokyo! Haha. A lovely acquaintance gave me the tip. Sooo, if you enjoy roots reggae music and want to try Jamaican food, this is a great place! It's a bit out of the way from the usual busy areas in Okayama city, so unless you are specifically seeking out reggae music or Jamaican food, you'd probably miss this. Damn, if I'd only known of this place earlier...

Anyway, now YOU know about it, so DO go and check it out. The reggae CD mix the owner put on was REAL good stuff and I was considering asking if I could buy it from him -but then I hesitated and didn't. SIGH. Always be BOLD, and you might get what you want. hehe.

The guy who runs the place is a bit of a scrawny fellow, but I really liked his beard and long hair. Hmm. I think I like any Japanese guy with long hair and a beard...something about it...gives off a sexy yet eccentric vibe or something(not the bums though folks, come on now)!


Here's how you get to Xaymaca....



When you exit from Okayama station this time, take the exit opposite the fountain exit. I think it's the west exit. Anyway, get out from there and look for the mini-mini guy as pictured above. Cross the street towards that way at the streetlights.



Next, take a right towards the CoCo Curry House. Pass by it and keep going straight.



You'll eventually see Aoji Ent Clinic, yup, keep going straight pass that.



Next you'll come up upon the Malet shop. Keep going straight pass that.



You'll eventually see the restaurant Zale on your left. That means you're getting close to the shopping arcade that Xaymaca is located in.



Pay attention, and you'll see this arcade on your left. There's a streetlight right in front of this shopping arcade. So basically after you pass the restaurant Zale and you see the streetlights, the shopping arcade is just on your left.



Go straight all the way down the arcade, it's a bit of a walk. Xaymaca is located near the end of the arcade.



Along the way, you'll pass by this Takoyaki shop. It seems to be quite popular with the locals, so it's probably real good. I didn't stop to try it though.



When you see this Momotaro scenario above, it means you're nearly there.



When you see this stand, you've found it!



Enter, it's a dark narrow pathway, and the restaurant bar is at the end of it.



When I went there, I tried the Ital Soup(pumpkin soup), which was amazing -well honestly, pretty plain and you probably wouldn't like it, but I loved it because it is VERY similar to Hmong people's pumpkin soup! Yum yum!



For the main course, I tried the "Jerk Chicken". This was GOOOOOD and SPIIIIICY. The chef actually recommended it for me but if I had more time and a bottomless pit tummy, I'd try everything on the menu! Guess experimenting with the food on the menu will be up to you guys in Okayama now, you'll have to tell me all about it!


ENJOY!


Open: 6pm - 2am M - F Closed: Sunday

You can find their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment